Ford Focus Problems
Ford Focus problems and owner complaints are varied among 2015 - 2022 model years. This page provides information to consumers that can be used to alleviate the problems they may be experiencing with their Focus, and/or legal remedies available to them under state lemon laws.
These owner Ford Focus problems and complaints may include:
- “CHECK ENGINE” warning light illumination
- Loss of power, hard-start, engine “stalling”, no-start and other engine operational issues
- Suspension and brake problems.
- Air conditioning system problems.
- SYNC / MY TOUCH malfunctions or failures
- Tire Pressure warning light is illuminated, or SRS/airbag warning lights for its safety systems.
- Steering/power steering/ alignment/pulling problems.
Ford Motor Company, and its authorized Ford dealers are aware of the various problem(s) with the 2008-2013 model-year Ford Focus compact. Many dealers are performing “software updates” to the engine and transmission systems on the 2012/2013 models, as well as software updates and recalls on the SYNC/MYTOUCH systems.
Here is what some dealers are doing in an attempt to correct the issues with these vehicles:
- “Clearing” DTC’s (Diagnostic Trouble Codes)
- Updating software to the engine and/or transmission computer
- Contacting Ford Technical Support HOTLINE.
- Performing TSB’s (Technical Service Bulletins) or NHTSA mandated Safety Recalls.
- Contacting/referencing Ford “Oasis” online shop information system, and following “Oasis” topics repairs.
- Awaiting further instructions from Ford Technical Support HOTLINE for problems that cannot be remedied by the above, or simply that Ford Engineering has the issue “under investigation”, but with no current fix available.
Yes, you can do something about this, whether the vehicle is currently fixed or not!
If you own/lease a 2015 - 2022 Ford Focus (whether the issue(s) are/is fixed or not), you live in California, and you have 3 or more documented warranty repair orders where you have complained about the same issue, we encourage you to call our law firm at: 1-800-225-3666
Your Ford Focus may qualify for a buyback under the California Lemon Law, or you may be entitled to substantial cash compensation in the thousands of dollars. In California, your attorney’s fees are billed to the automobile manufacturer. You can call us, or use our convenient free case evaluation form below. Either way, you don’t have to put up with a vehicle that does not drive/operate correctly, or is unsafe!
We invite you to contact us today. We are consumer advocates. We are on your side. We have settled over 21,000 California lemon law cases. We have 32 years of experience as we do ONLY “lemon law cases” – no other area of legal practice.
(Your vehicle is a 2015 - 2022, purchased or leased, new or used, from an automobile dealership in California.)